TransAlchemy.com attended the 2009 Woodstock Film Festival where we got to see the premiere of 2B. After the screening we caught up with screenwriter Eric Nadler to talk about the transhuman themes of 2B.
It is also very important to understand we are not just talking about the death of the individual self, but death and rebirth of an entire species.It is man as a whole that is now being refined reshaped and molded into philosophical gold. The merger of man with machine and it's other physical half are nothing short of the present version of the alchemical process to refine the soul. The process of turning man the base metal the meat into something more "God" like. Into a being of pure spirit (energy).
So many questions lie in this with little to no answers.
- Must humanity as we know it die before posthumanity is given birth too?
- Is humanity in a larva stage on the verge of being born?
- Are we all being pushed collectively to accept the transformation of the species?
- Is this all part of an even grander celestial cycle now showing it self in our microcosm subconsciousness, being spread willfully and unwillingly through our writings and movies?
- If man is more than matter why is he creating a new material base to house his mind?